Last updated: December 27, 2022
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using our services.
For these Terms and Conditions:
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our services or some of our services.
- Country refers to the United Kingdom
- Company refers to Shalom Education Ltd, 86 London Road, (Kingsland Church), Colchester, Essex, CO3 9DW, and may be referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, or ‘Shalom Education’ in this agreement.
- Device means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, a mobile phone or a digital tablet.
- Feedback means feedback, innovations or suggestions sent by You regarding the attributes, performance or features of our service.
- Free Trial refers to a limited period of time that may be free when purchasing a subscription.
- Orders mean a request by you to purchase services from us.
- Promotions refer to contests, sweepstakes or other promotions offered by us through the website.
- Services refer to our website, resources and tutoring service.
- Subscriptions refer to the services or access to the service offered on a subscription basis by the company to you.
- Terms and Conditions (also referred to as “Terms”) mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between you and Shalom Education Ltd regarding the use of the services we offer.
- Third-party Social Media Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third party that may be displayed, included or made available on the website.
- Website refers to Shalom-education.com, accessible from https://www.shalom-education.com
- You means the individual accessing or using our services, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using our services.
- Tutor refers to an individual that teaches a single pupil or a small group of students which have registered with Shalom Education Ltd.
- Tutee refers to a student or a pupil that has registered for tutoring with Shalom Education Ltd, which is administered through our tutoring platform.
Thank you for choosing Shalom Education Tuition for your educational needs. These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of our services, and the agreement that will govern your relationship with us.
Signing up for Tutoring or Membership Accounts
By signing up for tutoring or membership accounts through the website, you confirm that you have the legal ability to enter into a binding contract.
When you place an order, we may ask you to provide certain information, such as your name, email, phone number, credit card details, and billing address.
You confirm that you have the right to use the payment method you choose, and that the information you provide is accurate and complete. By submitting your information, you give us permission to share it with payment processing third parties to complete your order.
We reserve the right to cancel your order at any time for various reasons, including but not limited to:
- Unavailability of services (e.g. no tutors available)
- Errors in the description or prices of services
- Errors in your order
- Suspected fraud or illegal activity
Cancelling your order
Any services that you purchase can only be returned in accordance with these terms and conditions. Our Returns Policy forms a part of these Terms and Conditions.
In general, you have the right to cancel your order and receive a full refund within 14 days of placing it. However, you cannot cancel an order for services that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised, or for services that you have already received in part.
Money-Back Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the quality of your tutoring session, you may be eligible for a full or partial refund or credit. To request a refund or credit, please contact us within 24 hours after the end of the session and provide a detailed explanation of your dissatisfaction. We will review your request and, if approved, will issue a refund or credit to your account.
- Please note that refunds or credits may not be available for all types of tutoring services and may be subject to fees or other charges. For more information, please contact us.
Errors and inaccuracies
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the service we offer, but we cannot guarantee that everything will be completely accurate and up-to-date at all times. Prices, product images, descriptions, availability, and services may be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
We reserve the right to change or update any information, and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
We reserve the right to change our prices at any time before accepting your order.
All tutoring services and membership accounts purchased on our website must be paid for in full at the time of purchase, for the required time of use. We accept a variety of payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, and online payment services like PayPal.
Your payment card may be subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer. If we do not receive the necessary authorisation, we cannot be held responsible for any delays or failure to deliver your order.
Our tutoring services are available with a pay-as-you-go option or a subscription option that is billed on a monthly or annual basis. The tutoring account subscription will end at the end of the period. You can choose the subscription option that best suits your needs and cancel at any time.
Our membership accounts are billed monthly or annually and do not automatically renew after the period. You can choose to renew your membership account at the end of the period if you wish to continue your membership.
You can cancel your subscription renewal through your account settings or by contacting us. Please note that you will not receive a refund for fees you have already paid for your current subscription period, and you will be able to access the service until the end of your current subscription period.
We need accurate and complete billing information from you, including your full name, address, postal code, telephone number, and valid payment method. If automatic billing fails, you will not receive tutoring services until a payment is made. If payment is not made within a reasonable time period, your account may be terminated.
We reserve the right to modify the subscription fees at any time. Any change in fees will take effect at the end of your current subscription period.
We will give you reasonable notice of any fee changes so you have the opportunity to cancel your subscription before the changes take effect. If you continue to use the service after the fee change, you agree to pay the modified amount.
In general, paid subscription fees are non-refundable. However, we may consider certain refund requests on a case-by-case basis and grant them at our discretion.
We may offer free trials of our subscriptions at our discretion. You may be asked to provide billing information to sign up for a free trial. If you do provide billing information, you will not be charged until the free trial period ends.
On the last day of the free trial, unless you have cancelled your subscription, you will be automatically charged the applicable subscription fees for the plan you have chosen. We reserve the right to modify or cancel free trial offers at any time without notice.
From time to time, we may offer promotions through the Service, such as discounts, special offers, or contests. These promotions may be governed by separate rules and regulations.
Please note that any promotion may be modified or discontinued at any time, and we reserve the right to disqualify any participant who violates the rules or engages in fraudulent or dishonest behaviour. By participating in a promotion, you agree to be bound by the applicable rules and our decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the promotion.
In order to access certain features of our services, you may be required to create an account. When you create an account, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and current information about yourself as prompted by the account registration process. If you provide any false, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete information, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have done so, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you believe that your account has been compromised or that there has been any unauthorised access to it, you must notify us immediately.
You may not use a username that is already in use by another user, that belongs to another person or entity without appropriate authorisation, or that is offensive, vulgar, or obscene. We reserve the right to remove or reclaim any username that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be inappropriate, infringing, or otherwise in violation of these terms and conditions.
As a tutor working with Shalom Education, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You are at least eighteen years of age and have the necessary qualifications and/or experience to provide tuition in the subjects specified on your CV.
- You will not make any agreements with a tutee, any member of the tutee’s family, or the tutee’s guardian that are intended to circumvent the relationship between our service and the tutee and to benefit you at our expense. This includes the exchange of private information (e.g. phone numbers, emails or social media accounts etc).
- You will not, during the period of any tutoring session with a tutee and for a period of six months from the conclusion of the last tutoring session, give any tuition services to that tutee.
- You will use our platform as your only means of communication with tutees, and any other methods are strictly prohibited.
- You will not be abusive towards a tutee or their nominee on our website or any other place.
- You are expected to maintain a professional and respectful relationship with tutees at all times.
- You will not engage in any inappropriate or illegal behaviour while working with tutees, including but not limited to harassment or discrimination.
- You are expected to follow all applicable laws and regulations while providing tutoring services.
- You will not complete any coursework, essays, or other assignments on behalf of the tutee. However, you can offer support.
- You will be punctual and communicate with us if you are running late or need to reschedule a lesson.
- You are expected to provide high-quality tutoring services to tutees, including preparing appropriate lesson plans.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you have the necessary resources and equipment to provide effective tutoring services, such as a reliable internet connection and computer if tutoring online.
- You will be expected to keep confidential any personal or sensitive information that you may learn about a tutee while working with them.
- You will not request or accept any payments from a tutee, or their nominee.
- The company reserves the right to withhold payment to tutors if it believes lessons are being booked outside our platform.
- The company will pay you a fee for your tutoring services according to the rates agreed between you and the company.
- The company will be responsible for collecting payment from the tutee.
- If you are self-employed, we expect you to provide us with your UTR number and you are expected to pay your own tax to HMRC
- As a tutor working with the company, you may terminate your relationship with a tutee at any time by providing reasonable notice.
- The company may also terminate your relationship with a tutee at any time, for any reason, such as if the tutee is no longer in need of tutoring services or if the tutee expresses dissatisfaction with your services.
- The company may terminate your use of its service if you breach any of the terms and conditions outlined in this agreement.
- The company may also terminate your use of its service if it determines that you are no longer fit to provide tutoring services or if it receives multiple complaints about your performance.
As a tutee using our service, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have consent from a parent or guardian to register and that parent/guardian must enter into an agreement with Shalom Education to provide tuition services.
- You must contact a tutor through the Shalom Education tutoring platform. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
- You agree not to publish any abusive comments about a tutor or another tutee on the Shalom Education website or any other place. This includes defamatory or derogatory comments.
- You must not request a tutor to complete your coursework, essays, or other assignments given to you in your various schools but can request for support towards that.
- You agree not to make any agreement or arrangement with a tutor which is intended to circumvent the relationship between Shalom Education and the Tutor.
- Lessons will be held at the frequency and duration agreed upon with us.
- Shalom Education will provide any necessary materials or resources for the lessons.
- You are expected to be punctual for lessons and to provide adequate notice for cancellations or rescheduling.
- You are expected to provide any necessary materials or resources for the lessons (e.g. pens, pencils or a protractor).
- If you cancel a lesson less than 12 hours before the lesson is due to commence, you may be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the lesson fee. If you cancel a lesson less than 2 hours before the scheduled start time of a lesson, you will be charged the full lesson fee.
- If you have any concerns or issues with your tutoring experience, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will work with you and your tutor to try to resolve any disputes or issues in a fair and reasonable manner.
- You may terminate your lessons with a tutor at any time by providing reasonable notice, as specified in your contract with us.
By using our service, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement and agree to be bound by its terms. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. It is our policy to respond to any claim that content posted on our service infringes the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person.
If you are a copyright owner or authorised on behalf of one and you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interests.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work.
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on our service where the material that you claim is infringing is located.
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresenting that any content is infringing your copyright.
Upon receipt of a notification, we will take whatever action, in our sole discretion, we deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from our service. If you believe that your content has been removed in error, please contact us at email@example.com.
The original content on our services (excluding content provided by you or other users), features, and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Shalom Education Ltd and its licensors. This includes, but is not limited to, text, graphics, images, logos, software, and other materials on our website and any proprietary technology used in the operation of our services.
Our service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United Kingdom and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Shalom Education Ltd. All other trademarks not owned by Shalom Education Ltd that appear on our service are the property of their respective owners.
By using our service, you acknowledge and agree that any intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets, in the content and materials provided by Shalom Education Ltd or accessed through our service are the sole property of Shalom Education Ltd or the respective owners of such rights. You agree not to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or create derivative works of such content and materials without the express written permission of Shalom Education Ltd or the respective owners of such rights.
You are responsible for protecting your own intellectual property rights and for obtaining any necessary licenses or permissions from the owners of any third-party intellectual property that you may use in connection with your use of our service. Shalom Education Ltd will not be liable for any claims or damages arising from your use of intellectual property that infringes the rights of others.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated on our service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Feedback to Us
By submitting any feedback or suggestions to the company, you agree to assign to the company all rights, titles, and interests in such feedback or suggestions. If for any reason such assignment is ineffective, you agree to grant the company a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sublicense, distribute, modify, and exploit such feedback or suggestions without restriction.
You acknowledge that the company may use your feedback or suggestions for any purpose, including to improve the company’s products or services, and that the company is under no obligation to compensate you for your feedback or suggestions.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Shalom Education Ltd. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not imply endorsement by our business of the linked website or service. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services.
By using our Service, you acknowledge and agree that the use of any third-party websites or services is at your own risk. Shalom Education Ltd does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any content or materials on third-party websites or services, and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions.
In no event will Shalom Education Ltd be liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on or through any third-party websites or services. This limitation of liability applies to all claims.
We recommend that you carefully read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit, as they may differ from the terms and policies of our own services. If you have any concerns or questions about a third-party website or service linked from our service, we encourage you to contact the site or service directly for more information.
Shalom Education Ltd reserves the right to terminate or suspend your account at any time, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to breach of these terms and conditions, fraudulent or illegal activity, or any other conduct that we deem inappropriate or harmful to our business or other users.
Upon termination, your right to use our services will immediately cease, and any outstanding balances or fees owed to Shalom Education Ltd must be paid in full. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply stop using our services and contact us to request the closure of your account.
You acknowledge and agree that Shalom Education Ltd will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to our services. You further agree that any rights or obligations that survive the termination of your account, such as indemnification or confidentiality obligations, will remain in effect.
“AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” Disclaimer
The service is provided to you “As is” and “As available” and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our services, we cannot guarantee that they will be error-free or uninterrupted.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, our business and its affiliates and licensors and service providers disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. We do not make any representations or warranties that our services will meet your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible with any other software or services, operate without interruption, or be error-free.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of the information, content, or materials provided through our services.
We do not guarantee that our services or any content or materials provided through our services will be free from viruses, malware, or other harmful components. It is your responsibility to protect your device and system from such threats, and we recommend that you use appropriate security measures and virus protection software.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on the applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you. In such cases, the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
By using our services, you acknowledge and agree that your use is at your own risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage or loss that may result from your use of our services.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and your use of the service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the country, excluding its conflicts of law rules. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms or the use of the service shall be resolved through the courts of the country and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
If you have any concerns or disputes related to the service, you agree to try to resolve the issue informally by contacting us first.
You can try contacting the company through email (email@example.com) or by phone (01206657616) to see if we can come to an agreement or find a solution to your issue. This can be a quick and effective way to address any concerns or issues you may have, without the need for formal legal proceedings.
We will make every effort to address your concerns and reach a mutually satisfactory resolution. If we are unable to resolve the dispute informally, you may choose to bring the matter to alternative dispute resolution through a mediator or arbitrator. Any such alternative dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted in accordance with the laws of the country and will be confidential. You agree that any such dispute will be resolved on an individual basis and that class or collective actions are not permitted.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
The failure to exercise a right or to require the performance of an obligation under these terms and conditions shall not affect a party’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time in the future. Similarly, the waiver of a breach of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We may update or change these terms and conditions at any time, at our sole discretion. If we make a material change to these terms, we will provide reasonable notice, such as by posting a notification on our website or through email, at least 30 days before the change takes effect. It is your responsibility to regularly check these terms and conditions for any updates or changes.
By continuing to access or use our Service after any updates or changes to these terms, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the updated or changed terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and our services.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, You can contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.shalom-education.com/contact
- By phone number: 01206657616